Thursday, February 2, 2012

361: Lessons



This started as an attempt to capture the lighted window in the early morning near-darkness and ended with tricking myself into switching to fully manual mode, something that I have avoided like the devil even as I push myself harder at learning the technical side of shooting with an SLR. I didn't realize I had flipped past Aperture into Manual, but it was a happy accident. Had I left the camera in Programmed Auto or even Aperture or Shutter mode, this attempt would have ended in frustration that the vision in my head was impossible to achieve. 



Later, I took the kids roller skating for the first time. They amazed me with how well they did, though my son, first-born perfectionist that he is, was frustrated at his lack of expertise. As a fellow perfectionist, I wish I had thought to research camera settings for photographing fast skaters in a dark skating rink ahead of time. At least I was able to capture a few images of this wonderfully outrageous arcade game. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the raindrops on the clothes line... You do such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete