Saturday, July 2, 2011

146: First Day at Phoenix!

Today is a big day. Last week I quit my job, and today I started working part-time as the mosaicist for Phoenix Handcraft, the company my husband and I started just over a year ago. As of today, our family is entirely self-employed. Hoo boy.

 

After organizing my studio that has been deserted and unused since last summer, I began researching material to use on my current project, a kitchen backsplash. I noticed this window next door to one of my stops in search of the perfect tesserae for this project.

 

I spent most of the afternoon working on the layout.



At the end of the day, I took a break and wandered out into the metal studio. This is my husband's newest tool, a flypress. He calls it Smooshy.

5 comments:

  1. it's nice to see you in your element.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy your ability to take that leap.

    Some kind of tilt-shift in the broken glass one or an effect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's outstanding...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! I can't believe I have to wait a whole week to go back to work!

    Charles, totally fake tilt-shift. I like the effect it had on the window pic.

    ReplyDelete