Thursday, March 17, 2011

38: Brown's Island


Another drive to school, another blue door.


The kids and I took advantage of relative good health and weather and broke out of the house for a walk on Brown's Island. I was struck by the seeming incongruity of this ice machine. (For non-locals, Brown's Island is between the James River and Haxall Canal in a scenic nature and history park. Concerts and festivals are held there during the warmer months.)


The newest kid on the north bank: Mead Westvaco, one of the biggest sources of air pollution in the country. Welcome!

4 comments:

  1. nice! I like the ice photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the composition of the doors, and the ice one is just funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Angie! This particular door pic grows on me more every time I look at it.

    ReplyDelete